Friday, 7 June 2013

Stepping back to the 20th century!!

Why hello there!

Okay guys, I have something to admit to you all: I have never written a letter. I've never had a need too. I mean, I was born into the generation of technology. I only ever send texts to mi amigas and on rare occasions, an thank you email to an aunt for the annual Christmas pyjamas(yes, I still get them!).

But my friend has now gone off to a French college up in Galway were they were only allowed write letters(I know how medieval!) and I couldn't go three weeks without talking to her so I bought a couple of envelopes and a few stamps and set in my merry way!!!


To be honest, I only thought I'd do a couple of lines and then sign off because I thought I would get bored. But that wasn't the case!! The more I wrote, the more I got more into it and an hour and fifteen minutes later I had written over four pages. 


I really enjoyed writing this letter. Because for once I actually sat down and thought about what I was going to say, instead of just taking two seconds to text saying whaddup gurrl. It felt a lot more personal and from the heart( ugh cringe line I know!!). And I know that my friend who is in French college will appreciate the letter as I know I will appreciate the letter she sends me. 


I know this seems like a rather long winded blogpost, especially since its just about a letter. But if you think about it, when was the last time we ever actually sat down and wrote something to a dear friend or family member without any use of technology at all?
Tell me below if you ever write letters, postcards to anyone you know!!

See you guys soon Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment