Why hello there!
I did a post in early June about my first summer blockbuster reads (which you can read HERE) and I figured why not do another one, eh? Live life on the edge!!
The book that I just finished reading was Call The Midwife by Jennifer Worth. It's a sort of biography/memoir about Worth's time as a midwife and nurse in the East End in the fifties.
I bought the book because I had seen the first two series of this show on BBC. And I don;t know about you, but when BBC come out with a new drama-I'm gonna be watching that like a dog in front of a washing machine.
I found the book really interesting. It's like you could hear Jennifer Worth talking to you, and only you through the words on the page. Each chapter is like a short story but yet they all tied in together. I really enjoyed reading this book and it is the kinda book that you can read again and again.
I really liked reading this book, it made me laugh and have a little teary eye which is weird for me because I literally do not cry at anything and so it's a big deal when books make me tear up. If you guys love watching all the BBC dramas like me then you would really enjoy reading Call The Midwife.
See you guys soon Xx

No comments:
Post a Comment